Worlds smallest formwork module - moladi
Through creative engineering and sophisticated manufacturing, moladi aims to advance living standards and spaces affordably. moladi is an advanced building technology that utilises an innovative re-usable plastic formwork system to reduce the required skills to produce quality affordable homes and other structures that are socially acceptable by speeding up delivery and thus reducing cost. By emulating the methodology of the automotive assembly line, moladi implements the principles applied by Henry Ford; reducing cost by increasing production output by de-skilling the production operation, making homes affordable.
Worlds smallest formwork module - moladi
Hennie Botes Inventor moladi plastic formwork
Combining the lightweight modular injection moulded plastic formwork system or shutter system, branded as moladi, and a South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) approved lightweight aerated mortar (concrete with no stone), a cast in situ monolithic (one piece) reinforced walling system is created in one day. The result is a fast track and cost effective plastic formwork construction technology that enables construction cost to be reduced due to the speed of production. Eliminating the 50-68% time wasted on site.
Although moladi technology is primarily a manufacturer of a re-useable machine made formwork system that allows walls to be cast stronger faster for less, the principal focus is on the delivery of the “whole house”. A house consists of many components and the” assembly process” needs to be project managed in its entirety. That means windows, doors, roof, bath, toilet, paint, ceiling, glass, electrical hardware, etc. needs to be planned ordered and supplied in order to avoid a “bottle neck” that would stop production creating “waste” resulting in an increase in cost. This in turn makes the product, the home, unaffordable to the majority of people.
Moladi Construction System aims to address the challenge by providing a scalable, low-tech and low-skilled affordable building solution using in-situ casting. Founded in 1986 by South African social entrepreneur Hennie Botes, the company aims to replace the classic brick-and-mortar construction with an easier method: using lightweight, removable and re-usable plastic formwork that are filled with a patented fast setting aerated mortar to cast entire houses on-site. The process is deliberately designed to be labour intensive and mostly uses local supplies (apart from the reusable formwork and a special additive to aerate and water proof the wall ) to boost local employment and local production without requiring prior construction experience.
Smallest Formwork Module
- patented formwork technology
- modular formwork system
- reusable formwork system
- cost effective plastic formwork system
- the only comprehensive plastic injection moulded formwork system
- the only comprehensive machine-made formwork system
- produced to the highest quality standards – ISO 9002
- comprehensive and incorporates many additional innovations
- unlimited production capacity
- no dependence on skilled labour, components are produced by injection moulding, which allows high production of very exacting quality standards, in accordance to ISO 9002
- due to the production process, an unlimited number of sets of house moulding kits can be produced in any country, at any one time
- components are modular, making adjustments in dimensions simple, adapting to endless design layouts.
- lightweight system and can therefore easily be handled and transported.
- does not require skilled labour to assemble, erect or strip.
- moladi system produces a smooth off-the-mould surface which does not require plastering.
- international product import description - HS code 39.25.90
- plastic Formwork System can be recycled
- applications of moladi system is not dependant on skilled labour.
- moladi system components that are required to assemble a house ‘mould’, are joined to form wall configurations of any desired length and height.
- formwork panels are linked together to form wall cavities of either 100mm or 150mm.
- moladi formwork system is lightweight (8kg/m²) and can therefore easily be handled and transported.
- moladi formwork systems does not require skilled labour to assemble, erect or strip.
- steel reinforcing, windows, doors and other fittings are positioned within the cavity before the mould is filled with the mortar.
- pre-assembled panels are removed the following day and can immediately be re-erected on an adjoining site to be used on a repetitive basis, thus speeding up the entire construction process.
- cast in one day, the structure is ready to receive the roof and other finishes necessary to turn the building into a home.
- moladi produces a smooth off-the-mould surface that does not require any plastering.
- moladi concrete formwork construction system can be reused and is also recyclable.
- moladi formwork system includes the scheduled use and control of other trades, such as mechanical, electrical, concreting and steel reinforcement.
- moladi formwork system is a realistic and contemporary alternative to overcoming the widespread misuse of scarce materials, particularly timber.
- structures can be altered and expanded.
- Plastic Formwork System
- Formwork System
- Shuttering system